EMCO Ping Monitor 4.7.3
Ping Monitor is an automatic application for tracking connections with hosts, located in the local network and Internet. EMCO Ping Monitor will detect connections statuses by sending regular pings and analyzing responses. If pings to host are failed a defined number of times in a row, application detects and reports a connection outage.
Ping Monitor can work in 24/7 mode to track the connections states and calculate connections statistics, which is reported on the main screen. Displayed parameters for every host include monitoring time, uptime percentage, total number of detected outages, percent of passed pings and ping statistics.
This information can be used to evaluate the quality and stability of the connection. In addition to monitoring features, Ping Monitor offers an extended notifications and reporting functionality. You can configure the application to report connection lost, restore events and ping statistics as messages in a System Tray area or to send correspondent notifications by e-mail.
If required, you can extend functionality of the application and setup custom event handlers for execution on connections lost and restore events. Any command or executable file with optional command-line parameters can be defined as the event handler. Also it's possible to activate special terminate actions when connections to all monitored hosts are lost or cannot be retrieved during defined period of time.
This feature allows you to make shutdown, reboot, hibernate and logoff operations on computer where Ping Monitor is launched.
Here are some key features of "EMCO Ping Monitor":
Connection Monitoring and Statistics:
· The state of connection to the monitored host is detected by sending regular pings to it. If host doesn't reply during a particular number of times, application detects an outage and updates connection status on the main screen. Also the main screen contains connection statistics, including uptime percent and percent of passed pings
Configurable Event Handlers:
· Application allows you to register any custom handler to be executed when connection to the monitored host will be lost or restored. You can specify any command or executable file with optional parameters. Additionally, it's possible to define terminate action (shutdown or reboot, for example) for execution on connection lost event
E-Mail and Tray Notifications:
· You can receive notifications about connection state changes and regular reports by different ways. By default, all messages are displayed in the System Tray area. Also application can send notifications by e-mail, if you define recipient addresses in settings. If your mobile provider has Email-to-SMS gateway, you can also get SMS notifications
Customizable Application Settings:
· If you have specific requirements for executing of ping operation, or outage detection condition, or any other aspect of application behavior, you can change settings to tune up the application. You can modify monitoring settings, define events on which you would like to get notifications or even customize e-mail templates, if you need.
· 1 GHz Intel Pentium processor or equivalent
· 512MB of RAM
· 250MB of free disk space.